Wednesday, March 7, 2012

surgery, juice, weird trees and bike rides.

So I  already broke my I'm-gunna-blog-at-least-every-other-day promise to myself... but I have very good reasons. My grandfather (who my sister and I are extremely close to) had a stroke and was in the hospital. His carotid artery was clogged 100% on one side and 90% on the other. Everything is okay now, he's safe at home recovering and will be just fine with some drastic diet changes. :) This completely opened up my eyes to the importance of taking care of yourself! So from now on, my husband, roommate and I are putting the juicer to work! Below, is our yummy spinach, kale, carrot, tomato, beet, orange and apple concoction. It doesn't look the best, but it's so healthy! 

on the brighter side..some pretty interesting things happened this past week :)  

It was my husband's big 25, so we attempted to go to Disneyland (it was waaaay too crowded) so we went to the block of orange and walked around. We also discovered that Market Broiler and THE BEST sushi!  Yum!!! 


On sunday, Ray and I went with my dad on a vintage bike ride in Long Beach. I've never experienced anything like it, it was soo neat! There were 195 people with cool vintage bikes..some were even from the 20's! We started at a coffee shop and rode down to the shore, down the beach and ended at a lighthouse.







There were so many riders that we blocked streets. It was so fun! When I looked back, the riders went back for at least half a mile..and I wasn't even in the front!







my dad and I
My handsome hubby


Oh ya, and there was this really weird tree in Long beach..I think I need my front yard to be covered with these one day!





Also this week, my mother-in-law got a major back surgery that took 5 hours! The surgeon said that it looked like a grenade went off in her back!! Crazy! So he basically rebuilt her a new one, and he said that she should be good from now on. The craziest part to me was the fact that she was up and walking around the next morning! I remember when I had my back surgery, if anyone asked me to get out of bed the next day I would of laughed. loud. 




So now we are mostly caught up and I vow to myself to blog more often. :) 


surgery, bikes and weird trees,
Nikki.

No comments:

Post a Comment